Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Camo Bikini

Since my unfortunate experience of having the police called on myself and my husband for taking outfit-of-the-day photos in my own yard, I have had a lot more traffic than usual to my little blog.  This is decidedly not the kind of attention I wanted.  I am glad, though, and very thankful for the support I have received from some of you out there that can at least imagine it's not fun to have the police show up at your door when you've done nothing wrong, and asking personal questions like your name and especially, age.  There seems to be some confusion on some sites about what I was wearing, not that it should matter, but I was not wearing a bikini that day; I was wearing an ankle-length, maxi dress.  The bikini photos I have been posting after June 30th are my little way of protesting in case it happened to be a neighbor that called 911.  Today, I am posting several more from a front yard bikini shoot.  For all the supporters, there have been those out there that want to say lots of hateful things about me, my husband, and our age difference, etc.  It's unfortunate, but I will not be kept silent when I feel I have been wronged.  I truly believe the police could have handled the situation better, and did not need to respond to the call in the first place.  I really wish I could hear the 911 call, but the court refused, saying to access the recording we would need to actually have a case going to court.  We are still waiting to see if we will be able to read transcripts of the call, but I have my doubts this will ever happen.  I think this shows there is something very wrong with the justice system, and law enforcement in general.  Some have said I should not be complaining about law enforcement at all, because they are just doing their jobs.  I never said I hated the police, or that they are always wrong.  In the cases I have blogged about, I truly believe I have been treated with prejudice, whether it was because of my race, or the age difference of my husband and me.  For those that say they have to respond to all calls, please Google the question.  Common sense tells you they do not have to respond to all calls, seeing as how I've heard stories of people calling to report their dishwashers are broken, etc.  And, in fact, in some of those cases, the police go after the callers for for misusing the emergency line.

Camo Bikini

Camo Bikini

Camo Bikini

Camo Bikini

3 comments: